Life Insurance and Retirement Insurance
MIU offers Supplemental/Optional Life and Voluntary AD&D insurance through MetLife to eligible employees.
- Employees must sign the form.
- Spouse and/or child(ren) coverage information is required that includes birthdate.
- A beneficiary designee for the employee insurance information is also required:
- full name
- social security number
- date of birth
- phone number
- share percentage
Please see the documents for the Life Insurance below:
- 2022 MetLife Plan Description and Rates
- MetLife Voluntary Life Insurance Information
- MetLife Enrollment Form
- MetLife Statement of Health Form
- MIU Life Plan Benefits Coverage Options
Mail Claims to: MetLife Group Life Claims
P.O. Box 6100
Scranton, PA 18505-6100
Fax #: (570) 558-8645
Need help preparing a claim? Call: (800) MET-6420 (800-638-6420) Press Option 2
SAVE FOR RETIREMENT 403(b) PLAN
Keep your retirement money working as hard as you do!
Planning and setting goals for retirement? MIU offers a 403(b) plan that allows full-time employees to save for their retirement.
- It is the employee’s responsibility to go online to enroll..
- Go to TIAA.org/enrollnow
- Per IRS 2022 regulations benefit amount cannot exceed $20,500 unless the employee is catching up, add another $6,500.
- Depending on the plan selection, use one of these codes: RA Contract #386646 or for Supplemental #386646S.
- Once enrolled, the employee will be required to fill out and sign a MIU Agreement for Salary Reduction and Voluntary TIAA-CREF Contribution form and turn in to the benefits office.
- For more information about 403(b) plan, please contact TIAA at
- Monday-Friday 8 am to 10 pm EST
- Saturday 9 am – 6 pm EST
Please see the documents below: