Vishwa Shanti Cafe
Located: Argiro Student Center, main level
Hours: Tues – Friday 9:00 am to 7:00 pm / Saturday 11:00am to 3:00pm /Closed on Sunday
Cafe Manager: Lauren LeBritton
We do not offer catering services at this time.
Who We Are
Grounds for Change is a sustainable business and we are long-standing members of the Green America Business Network Leadership Forum. Below are examples of what we are doing to achieve our goals:
- Use 100% renewable energy and offset all of our CO2 emissions, including those from coffee growing, roasting operations, packaging, inbound freight, outbound shipping and customer’s water heating.
- Purchase and print on paper made from 100% recycled content and recycle all office paper, toner cartridges, cardboard, glass, metal and plastic.
- Recycle all of our empty burlap coffee bags by donating them to local organic farmers for weed suppression and erosion control.
- Recycle all of our coffee chaff, the organic by-product of the roasting process, by giving it to local, organic farmers to be used as a nitrogen-rich soil amendment.
- Recycle all inbound freight pallets by donating them to local businesses for reuse.
- Donate well over 1% of our gross annual sales to social and environmental organizations as part of our membership with 1% For The Planet.
- Work closely with organizations promoting positive change including Rainforest Trust, Seattle Audubon Society, Save Our Wild Salmon, Cafe Femenino Foundation and many other local and national non-profits.
We look forward to seeing you!