Medical Insurance and COBRA
Meritain is the provider for our Medical insurance plan.
MIU offers three plans:
Here is an overview of the payroll deduction for the different plans (04/22):
|Coverage||Base–Silver Plan||Gold Plan||Platinum Plan|
|Employee + 1 Child||$1.00||$116.00||$183.00|
|Employee + Multiple Children||$1.00||$210.00||$330.00|
You can contact Meritain under:
Mail ALL Claims and Correspondence to: Meritain Health
P.O. Box 853921
Richardson, TX 75085-3921
Eligibility inquiries call: (800) 925-2272
Precertification call: (800) 542-6355
Locate an In-Network Provider call: (800) 343-3140
Employees or covered dependents are permitted to buy continued insurance coverage when existing coverage ceases.
- To qualify for COBRA, the employee cannot be covered by any other health plan.
- Employment ends (except for misconduct)
- Working hours are reduced
- Employee resigns or takes an approved leave of absence
- Coverage for up to 18 months